KanScan - Finally, an OCR solution to digitize printed documents in Kannada language.
There has been significant advances in OCR (Optical Character Recognition) products over the last few decades. OCR is now considered a solved problem. Many commercial OCR products are available in the market. But, these facts apply mainly to English and European languages.
What about OCR solutions for Indian languages?
What about OCR for Kannada language, which is the language of people in Karnataka and has a history of more than 2000 years? Some work is being done. But there isn't any product that is publicly available until now.
is an OCR product developed to recognize printed text documents for Kannada language. A beta version of the product is now available and released.
Refer to KanScan product page to know more about this product.
See the KanScan help video KanScanVideo_01
- Click on this link: KanScanV2.2
- This will take you to Google-Drive.
- Click on menu File
- Click on menu-option Download
- Save the file kanscanV2.2.zip to D:\ drive on your desktop.
- Extract the zip file with WinZIP or WinRAR. It should create a folder named "kanscan".
- Go to kanscan folder and click on file kanscanv2.2.00x to run the application.
- KanScan user guide is here
- For more instructions on installation refer to Installation-Steps
Kanigha v1.1 released, with transliteration functionality for typing in Kannada.
KanScan help video uploaded
KanScan v2.2, Desktop version released
KanScan made compatible with NVDA
Template-Matching functionality included
KanScan 2.2 User Guide released
KanScanV2.2.007 (Spell Checker included)